Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
Assessment of the Crescent City Connection Division Police
CTI was contracted by the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development to conduct an assessment of the Crescent City Connection Division Police (CCCD Police).
Five primary objectives that were set forth in the scope of services for the evaluation are the following:
• The charge of the CCCD Bridge Police
• The legal authority of the CCCD Bridge Police
• Agreements between the CCCD Bridge Police and area police authorities
• Justification for the CCCD having its own police force
• An examination of the operational efficiencies or deficiencies within the police force
To conduct an objective evaluation of the CCCD Police, the CTI Team assessed a variety of areas and issues related to service delivery to the general community served by the CCCD and to its employees as well as areas that directly affect potential cost savings.
These areas included the following:
1. Findings on the mission and responsibilities of the CCCD Police and their capability in carrying out their mission.
2. Perceptions and opinions of CCCD management staff and of senior management of local and state police officials regarding CCCD Police mission capability.
3. Differences between the mission of the local and state police agencies with joint or concurrent jurisdiction and the mission of the CCCD Police.
4. Compliance with State requirements, including training requirements.
5. The question of whether another agency could perform the CCCD Police mission more proficiently or cost-effectively.
6. Recommendations for mission capability enhancement and cost savings.